April 3, 2014

Shrub Madness: The Finals



This may be my best video work to date.

The Finals are upon us, shrub fans. Let's Dance® Diva! and Pinky Winky® hydrangeas are fighting for the title of National Champion. It's been an unexpected journey taking us from the snow-filled days of early March to a promising beginning of April. Tomorrow will not only bring the end of the first Shrub Madness competition (Diva! Diva! Diva!), but it will also whisk me away to California Spring Trials. At this industry-wide event, plant folks like Proven Winners showcase what's new, what's trending, and what we really hope people like you will fall in love with and talk about until the end of time. This means I will, of course, bring you the full details as I soak in some sunshine, prance around sunny Santa Cruz, and talk plants.

Round Five Standings
(6) Black Beauty™ elderberry vs. (8) Let's Dance® Diva! hydrangea: 107 to 131
(4) Pinky Winky® hydrangea vs. (6) Oso Easy® Paprika rose: 136 to 75

Featured Post

Plant of the Week: Emerald Envy® Viburnum

Plant of the Week is written by Jane Beggs-Joles The Emerald City is on my mind right now because I'm headed to Seattle this week for ...